Orders and reservations
You can order in advance or reserve the books you are interested in.
When ordering, send a request with selected available books and then just pick them up at the library. Reservations allow you to order books that you are interested in, but are currently unavailable. After you make a reservation, you will be added to the waiting list for the selected document. The moment your ordered or reserved titles are ready to be picked up, you will receive a notification email.
You can order and reserve documents in the online catalog.
Instructions for orders/reservations:
- Log in to your account in the online catalog.
- Go to search mode by clicking Search in the top left corner of the screen.
- Find the book you want by title, author, or other criteria.
- When you find the book you want in the search results, click on the Order/Reserve button next to the title.
- A pop-up window will open asking at which section of the library you want to order or reserve the title. Choose your preferred location by checking the box next to the name of the section and confirm your choice.
- The system will notify you in a pop-up window that it has registered your request. Click OK to confirm the information.
- You can pick up your ordered/reserved documents only after receiving a notification email. In the message informing you that your order is ready, you will find all the necessary information to pick it up, including the date by which the order must be picked up. After this date, the order will be canceled and the book will be available to other people.
Frequently asked questions
Orders in all library sections are processed continuously every business day. You should receive an email notification no later than the second business day after placing the order that your request has been processed and the document is ready to be picked up.
With reservation, you express your interest in a specific title from the library, which is currently on loan. As soon as the title returns to the library, the next person interested in borrowing the title will receive an email about its availability. The reserved title can be picked up during the next 5 business days; after this time it will be available for the next person on the waiting list.
You can order or reserve the desired book by phone or in person when visiting any section of the library.
Yes, orders and reservations are free of charge if you have a valid library membership.
You can have an unlimited number of books ordered or reserved at a time. However, when making and picking up orders, keep in mind that the maximum number of titles that can be loaned at a time is 20.
Was this page useful?