Opened in 1900, Bratislava City Library has provided services to a wide public for over a century. The library collection includes almost 250 000 books and special documents. The collection has been organised in such a way that users of different ages, professions or social groups can easily find what they need.
Library Directory at Klariská 16 (map)
Non-Fiction Literature Section:
Professional Literature Department at Klariská 16 (map)
Department for the Blind and Partially Sighted at Klariská 16 (map)
Music and Arts Department at Kapucínska 1 (map)
Young Readers´Section at Kapucínska 3 (map)
Fiction and Foreign Languages Section at Laurinská 5 (map)
Summer Open-Air Reading Area at Michalská 26 (map)
Bindery at Klariská 16 (map)
Monday 19th April 2021: CITY LIBRARY IS OPEN from 9 am to 6 pm
(excluding the department for visualy-impaired) in limited capacity:
- 1 person / 15 m2 (negative test or overcome COVID-19 confirmation necessary)
- mouth and nose covering
- distance ordering and delivery possible
- study rooms and Internet access – still closed
- biblioboxes to return books and documents open at Laurinska and Kapucinska streets
- Galery Artoteka open
- music room to reahearse avaible at Kapucinska 1
Thank you for understanding.
Professional Literature Department and Reading room at Klariská 16
Music and Arts Department at Kapucínska 1
Young Readers´Section at Kapucínska 1
Fiction and Foreign Languages Section at Laurinská 5
Bindery at Klariská 16
Monday - Friday: 8:00 – 19:00
Department for the Blind and Partially Sighted at Klariská 16
Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: 8:00 – 16:00
Thursday: 11:00 – 19:00
- booking of documents and books,
- counseling and consultation,
- verbal and written bibliographic- informative service,
- listening to audio documents in the studio - Music and Arts Department,
- copying of documents available in the library,
- Internet / wifi access in reading rooms,
- binding: thesis, dissertations, etc,
- organization of cultural and educational events,
- rooms to rent (suitable for conferences, lectures, meetings, presentations, etc).
The Library Card is available for all people living, working or studying in the Bratislava area.
— ID card or passport with official confirmation of residence from the Registry Office
— For minors under age 15 - ID card of parents or legal guardian and a registration form signed by one of the parents.
Registration form is available at any section / department of library.
Loss of Library Card: Notify us immediately to block the card.
Books, magazines: 4 weeks, renewals: 2x 4 weeks
CDs, DVDs: reference only
With the Library Card one may borrow up together to 20 items from all library locations.
Return materials only to the library from which they were borrowed or to returned boxes (Laurinská 5 and Kapucínska 3).
Please notify us at the Information desk in case the materials are lost or damaged.